Part 1: Inconsistency
- Right click menus are very inconsistent and some of them are really badly designed (for example the desktop menu and some menus that look like Windows 8). Even though this has been worked on it is still nearly just as inconsistent and I believe they should change this.
- Property windows and other windows from 20th century (eg: regedit) do not blend in with Windows 10. Users on tablet may find these applications difficult to use, and they are very inconsistent when used on Windows 10. I think they really need to change this sometime, maybe on the next major update.
- All settings windows should be on the settings app, instead of having the little extra bits of text (More network settings...) and then opening a Control Panel window. The control panel windows will be quite hard to use for tablet users, and is another example of the second point.
- Tabs inconsistent across different applications, like the applications on the second point. A great, nice fix I think would be to make tabs have a little more padding and make them look nice like the Office 2016 design. They would then blend in properly with Windows 10, and also wont be hard for tablet users to use them.
- Windows 10 sometimes still uses the old windows 8 designs, which have no reason to be there and should be changed. For example a lot of squares/rectangles (eg: menus) still use the Windows 8 thick black border. Example 1: Settings App -> System -> Notifications and Actions. Click one of the "Choose your quick icons" squares and you can see the ugly big black thick border. Example 2: Select a file -> right click -> open with -> Choose another app.
- Icons are inconsistent and pure ugly. The metro apps have a random square background which fits on the start menu but not on the taskbar. This does seem to be worked on though. Normal apps have normal icons. All new applications and folder icons are trying to be made flat, but the recycle bin is an ugly 3d version of flat, and the new This PC looks like windows 95!!
- Start menu: At least windows 8 had nice animations on the start menu. But the Windows 10 one is really bad! It also has a lot of different animations from the rest of Windows 10. Also I remember the windows 8 start menu design was also used in windows 8 apps, for example the windows 8 store app. The store app had the same live tiles design used in the start menu. This has been changed in Windows 10 and every app has a separate design, which seems to be re-coded in for each app instead of using the same design! They all seem to be different.
Part 2: Settings
- Appearance: In my opinion you should be able to make the light/dark theme and colors different across different areas of windows, eg: taskbar, start menu etc. A feature like this was back when Windows 2000 was out and earlier, and slightly on Windows XP.
- Appearance: There is absolutely NO WAY of switching back to windows classic theme, themes are also no longer available! This should not be the case.
- Privacy: There should definitely be more privacy settings available on Windows because all over the internet people are saying there is not enough privacy settings, but there is a few small tricky fixes available.
- Privacy: Windows keeps track of everything you do...! This needs to be changed!
- Control panel: In later updates Windows 10 will remove the Control Panel which will have loads of compatibility problems, mainly with drivers that store their format in a '.cpl' format which is meant for Control Panel. Also the new Settings App removes tons of features/settings that could previously be customized! Needs to be fixed!
- Other: Still having the option to have auto login with a Microsoft account when it doesn't work should be removed.
Part 3: Bugs
When clicking on the start menu, sometimes searching doesn't work and this needs to be fixed.
- There shouldn't be duplicate accounts showing up on login screen after auto-login if Microsoft Account has been added to main account.
- Auto login does not work anymore and brings you to the login screen with duplicate accounts mentioned on the second point.
- The message "Your outlook account settings are out of date" comes up when using mail app (January 2016).
Part 4: Installation
- Does not ask to name computer!
- Does not ask to setup workgroup!
- Does not ask to set timezone!
- Previous points should be included.
Part 5: Appearance
- Start menu is not great at all!
- Even though they slightly brought back the traditional start menu from windows 7 it still lacks a lot of features and puts useless things in your face!
- The right side of the start menu is putting useless apps in your face that you are probably never going to use if you are not a touch user.
- The bottom left of the start menu could have been moved to the right one on PC to give more space for the most used section. You can NO longer pin applications to the start menu, that should definitely be changed!
- It is now 'All Apps' instead of 'All Programs'. There is thousands of useless apps installed on your computer which spams the 'All Apps' menu. This is annoying when you want to find traditional desktop applications! Also for example, you cannot find paint in section 'P'. Instead you have to find the 'Windows Accessories' folder and then find paint in there. That can be really annoying.
- The white 'title bar' is such a poor looking design. There is no gradient or actual design to it like in windows 7. Even windows 2000 had a better title bar than this.
- The 'title bar' minimize and maximize button hover colors should match the windows color specified in the Settings app.
- The 'title bar' close button when hovered, has a really annoying red color which hurts your eyes. Maybe something darker?
- The 'title bar' buttons should have a different color from the 'title bar' color itself like older windows versions.
- Windows 8 icons are still used in file explorer and other applications.
- They should not have nice windows apps, when the normal desktop apps have a complete different look. Since windows do not care about normal apps anymore which desktop users still use, the inputs, buttons, menu bars and icons do not blend in one bit and have a really ugly design on Windows 10.
- Only ONE customization color across the entire operating system. In my opinion this should be changed!
Part 6: Other
- When the search menu is open and Cortana is disabled, there should not be a message telling you to try Cortana when she is not available in your region! Or.. atleast when you click on the advertisement it should not tell you that you can enable it after changing things in the settings app, but instead should tell you immediately that it isn't available instead of waiting until later to tell you.
- The login screen is hideous! It is completely different from the rest of windows and is slow at loading up. The inputs and buttons are completely inconsistent from the rest of windows! I think this should be changes A.S.A.P!
- Windows 10 lacks a lot of backwards compatibility. If they remove backwards compatibility features they could make windows a lot more secure, but no, they want to keep them, even though it doesn't make a difference!
These ideas may be fixed/changed at some point, so if there is one that is changed it would be very appreciated if you comment the change/fix to me and I can strike it out.